The three pillars of Lent: Prayer, Fasting & Almsgiving
As you journey through the season of Lent, we pray that you find these resources helpful. You may wish to have the daily scripture readings sent to your phone for you to reflect on throughout the day, read scripture or you may wish to read a daily reflection. You will find ideas and supports for these and more ideas in the links below.
Our Mission Statement is “to be transformed through an encounter with the Spirit of Truth and the Love of God” – how can Lent help us do this?
Online Lenten Resources:
- Vatican News: Pope Francis’ Message for Lent 2021
- America Magazine: Lent 2021
- Busted Halo: 2021 Lent Calendar and 25 Great Things You Can Do for Lent
- CRS Rice Bowl: How to Practice Lent
- St. Thomas Aquinas, OP: Meditations for Lent
- Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose: Center for Education and Spirituality
- Dynamic Catholic’s Best Lent Ever
- Word on Fire: Daily Lent Reflections
- Loyola Press: Daily 3-Minute Retreat and How Can I Pray? – Daily Examen
- Sacred Space: Your Daily Prayer Online
- Liturgical Press: CONNECT! Sunday Reflection
- Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology: Wise Habits, 30 minutes with DSPT Scholars, a monthly speaker series
- USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops): Daily Scripture Readings for Mass with option to email and listen to podcasts
- The Light is On: Guide to Confession
- USCCB Blog: Journey to the Foot of the Cross – 10 Things to Remember for Lent
- The Catholic Company: Everything you Need to Know About the Sacred Triduum
- Angelus Press: The History and Symbolism of Tenebrae
Smart phone applications:
- iBreviary – free, includes Liturgy of the Hours plus the Office of Readings, Daily Mass readings, Prayers and Rites.
- Dominican Compline (Night Prayer) – in English, chanted by the friars and brothers of the Central Dominican Province.
- Laudate – free, includes Daily readings for Mass; Liturgy of the Hours, Complete text of New American Bible, Catholic Catechism, and more.
- iMissal – free, daily readings, Bible, rosary and other prayer meditations
- Rosary Under the (Digital) Stars – Tuesdays at 7PM MST, login info in the bulletin
- Virtual Stations of the Cross – Fridays of Lent at 2PM MST via our YouTube Channel and Facebook Live
- Daily Mass Tuesdays through Friday at 11:30AM MST via our YouTube Channel and Facebook Live
- Sunday Mass live-streamed at 11AM MST via our YouTube Channel and Facebook Live
- In-Person Masses with reservation required each week to maintain social distancing guidelines: Saturdays 5:15PM, Sundays 9AM, 11AM & 5PM
- Spring Undergrad Retreat – “I Thirst” – March 15-19th for one hour each evening on Zoom. Sign-up here.