The three pillars of Lent: Prayer, Fasting & Almsgiving
As you journey through the season of Lent, we pray that you find these resources helpful. You may wish to have the daily scripture readings sent to your phone for you to reflect on throughout the day, read scripture or you may wish to read a daily reflection. You will find ideas and supports for these and more ideas in the links below.
Our Mission Statement is “to be transformed through an encounter with the Spirit of Truth and the Love of God” – how can Lent help us do this?
Online Lenten Resources:
- CRS Rice Bowl: How to Practice Lent
- Busted Halo: 25 Great Things You Can Do for Lent
- St. Thomas Aquinas, OP: Meditations for Lent
- Dynamic Catholic’s Best Lent Ever
- Word on Fire: Daily Lent Reflections
- Loyola Press: Daily 3-Minute Retreat
- Sacred Space: Your Daily Prayer Online
- Liturgical Press: Daily Lenten Reflections
- USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops): Daily Scripture Readings for Mass with option to email and listen to podcasts
- USCCB Blog: Journey to the Foot of the Cross – 10 Things to Remember for Lent
- The Catholic Company: Everything you Need to Know About the Sacred Triduum
- Angelus Press: The History and Symbolism of Tenebrae
Smart phone applications (free):
- Laudate – free, includes Daily readings for Mass; Liturgy of the Hours, Complete text of New American Bible, Catholic Catechism, and more.
- iMissal – free, daily readings, Bible, rosary and other prayer meditations
- iBreviary – free, includes Liturgy of the Hours plus the Office of Readings, Daily Mass readings, Prayers and Rites.